Tiffin Fire Department’s
public protection classification (PPC) Rating is 5/5Y
Effective Date: 4/1/2018
- ISO is an independent organization that measures the quality of public fire protection on which insurance premiums are based.
- ISO provides insurance companies, insurance regulators and fire departments, with the data they collect about fire risk in their communities.
- ISO employees visit thousands of fire districts each year in effort to review the firefighting capability and adequacy of water systems in those communities.
- ISO analyzes the relevant data and assigns a Public Protection Classification (PPC); A number from 1 to 10. Class 1 represents exemplary fire protection, and Class 10 indicates that the area’s fire-suppression program does not meet ISO’s minimum criteria.
- Please visit ISO’s website for more information on Public Protection Classifications