JOIN TIFFIN FIRE DEPARTMENT
Welcome and thank you for you for your interest in volunteering. The Tiffin Fire Department is actively seeking individuals who are interested and capable of volunteering as firefighters and first responders (EMTs). The fire department is a combination fire department consisting mostly of volunteers from the community. The only career position is the Fire Marshal. As Tiffin continues to grow, so does the demand for new volunteers!
FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
Since 1954, the Tiffin Fire Department has proudly provided fire and emergency services to the City of Tiffin and surrounding areas. If you are willing to share a small portion of your time and energy to serve those in your community, we will provide you with the training and equipment you need to succeed as a firefighter or first responder.
New volunteer firefighters and EMTs do not need to have previous experience, but they do need to:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED
- Live or work in Tiffin.
- Certified Firefighter I must can live within 10-minutes of the fire station.
- Be able to successfully pass a drug screening and physical examination.
- Be available for department trainings, meetings and fundraisers.
- Have a valid Iowa driver’s license.