PERMIT DOCUMETNS/PLAN SUBMITTALS
Permits Application Documents
- Fire Department Permit and Operational Fee Schedule (Updated July 2023)
- Tent & Membrane Structures Temporary Use
- Display of Fireworks
- LPG – Permanent Installation Containers/Cylinders
- LPG – Temporary Storage & Use of LPG for Heating
- Open Burning – Bon Fire & Ceremonial
- Open Burning – Native Prairie Burn
- Open Burning – Training Fires
- Open Burning – Use of Open Flame Before an Audience
- Automatic Fire Alarm
- Automatic Sprinkler System
Third Party Review (Revised 07/18/2023)
Third Party Review may be required for following: (Contact Tiffin Fire Marshal's Office)
• Fire alarm system with intelligible voice communications.
• Fire alarm system with 200 or more initiating devices.
• Fire alarm system for buildings 10,001 square feet or larger.
• Fire alarm system for deluge and preaction sprinkler systems.
• NFPA 13/13R Fire sprinkler system with a fire pump.
• NFPA 13/13R Fire sprinkler system with a standpipe system.
• NFPA 13/13R Fire sprinkler system with 250 or more sprinkler heads.
• NFPA 13/13R Fire sprinkler system for buildings 10,001 square feet or larger.
• NFPA 13 Fire sprinkler system with single and dual hazard deluge and preaction design.
• NFPA 13 Fire sprinkler system with early suppression fast response (ESFR) design.
• NFPA 13 Fire sprinkler system designed for storages applications (NFPA Chapters 12-20).
• NFPA 13 Fire sprinkler system requiring seismic protection.
• Manual Standpipe system.
• Kitchen hood Suppression system.
• Special hazard suppression systems (Clean Agent, CO2, DryChem, Etc.).
• Explosion Prevention Systems.
All fees associated with Third Party review are in addition to City of Tiffin Fire Department permit fees.